Untitled (Side of brown stone wall, Arizona)
William EgglestonPrice: $6,000
- Year: 2000, printed in 2009
- Size: Image 41,9 x 63,5, frame 55,9 x 71,1 cm
- Edition: 5/7
- Signature: Signed on the front
- Technique: Pigment print
ABOUT ARTWORK +
William Eggleston's straightforward depictions of everyday objects and scenes, many of them in the southern United States, are noted for their precise composition, mysterious attractiveness, and vivid colors. Photography didn't use color seriously until Eggleston came along, but that changed after Eggleston’s legendary 1976 show at the MoMA ("boring!", "ground breaking!", "scandalous!"). His work has had an enormous impact on several generations of color photographers and is credited with helping establish color photography as a legitimate artistic medium.
Excellent Very Good Good Fair Poor Very Poor
- Excellent condition
- Examined by the present owner, not by professionals
- Request a condition report
- Artwork support:
- Artwork surface:
- Temperature, humidity:
- Dust, dirt, polution:
- Restoration attempts:
- Material deterioraton over time:
- Handling, transportation:
- Acquired from Phillips by the present owner
- Acquired from Cheim & Read (New York) by the previous owner
Collector's notes on artwork: So, what are the main ingredients in the Egglestonian magic? 1) The amazing use of color (lush color, subtle color, saturated color, color tuned by warm light, color against shadow, colors at once faded and vivid ("ahhh, the color!")), 2) the seemingly ordinary subject matter (everyday rooms, basic objects, familiar people, mundane scenes ("what are these photos about!")), and 3) the precise photographic composition (the pointing of the camera, the framing of the individual scenes, the angle of view ("it's nauseating!")).
- Collector approved by Listir
- Rating: No ratings on Listir yet
- See other artworks from the collection
How much will you have to pay in total?
Artwork 6,000 Transaction fee, Listir (10%) 600 Shipping Added later Total Price 6,600
Import taxes and payment fees might be added.